Querona supports ODBC as a general data provider. Standard ODBC connection strings or DSNs can be used to configure a connection to any data source that has a ODBC driver.
Microsoft ODBC drivers are not bundled with Querona, and need to be installed on the machine that hosts Querona before use. These drivers are available for full distribution, are free, and cover the following data sources:
- Microsoft Access (*.mdb, *.accdb)
- CSV/TSV (*.txt, *.csv, *.tsv)
- dBase (*.dbf, *.ndx, *.mdx)
- Microsoft Excel (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)
To install the free Microsoft ODBC drivers please do:
- Download the x64 bit version (English recommended) of the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable from the Microsoft download site. The required file name is AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe. This download contains a set of components that facilitate the transfer of data from existing Microsoft Office files such as Microsoft Office Access 2010 (*.mdb and *.accdb) and Microsoft Office Excel 2010 (*.xls, *.xlsx, and *.xlsb) and from the existing text files (*.txt, *.csv, *.tsv).
- Copy the downloaded file to a location that is reachable from the Windows machine hosting Querona.
- Using Remote Desktop Connection, login as an administrator to the Windows machine hosting Querona, and install the drivers. If you do not have the administrative privileges, please ask your IT support for assistance.
Many other ODBC drivers are available. Please find the requested data source documentation in Querona to learn about the available drivers.